COVID Update -December 2021
Following the lifting of Government regulations in February 2022 we are now running the Hall in a near normal manner with regards to its use. However, the Government have provided us with the following general guidance which applies to all our hirers and users of the Hall:
- People should stay at home if unwell.
- Contacts of people with COVID-19 are asked to take extra care, following general guidance on safer behaviours. Routine contact tracing ends on 24th February.
- Let fresh air in if meeting indoors. Opening a window for ten minutes helps. (This has also been shown to reduce risk of catching other airborne diseases such as flu).
- If necessary, continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces -especially where you may come into contact with other people you do not normally meet and when rates of transmission are high.
- Clean your hands often, avoid touching your face, nose or eyes. “Catch it, bin it, Kill it”.
- Respect the fact that others may wish to take a more cautious approach.
The Village Hall Management are able to accept bookings for events on the basis that potential users accept at their own risk that it may still be necessary for the Management to make cancellations of bookings at short notice if it is required to do so. In these circumstance any deposits paid will be refunded.
The Management does not accept any consequential liabilities arising from the cancellation of an event. Hence if someone books an event at the Hall which The Village Hall Management has to cancel, the resulting cost of any additional publicity to inform about the cancellation etc, or other consequential costs, must be borne by the party who makes the booking.
Hourly Hire Charges
Hourly hire charges
Hall (Broad Chalke residents): £12.00 (effective 1 July 2022)
Hall (other hirers): £17 (effective 1 July 2022)
Gurston Room Only £8 (effective 1 July 2022)
When catering/washing up for more than 40 people: £20
Fee to cover licence for sale of alcohol: £18
Hire of Hall
Includes heating, use of Gurston Room and kitchen and all equipment.
Hire of Gurston Room
Includes heating and use of equipment in the Gurston Room. Additional wall heating is available using the £1 coin meter in the cupboard to the left of the stage.
All persons wishing to hire the facilities must agree to the terms of the Hire Agreement prior to their booking.
The hours booked and ultimately charged for must include setting up and clearing away time.
PLEASE REMOVE YOUR RUBBISH:
If you have filled the bin.
Please remove and recycle all materials that can be recycled.
If excess rubbish is left at the premises, £10 will be added to your bill to cover the cost of a committee member taking your waste to the tip in Salisbury.
PLEASE LEAVE THE HALL AS YOU WOULD WISH TO FIND IT.
If the Hall/kitchen is left dirty, £20 will be added to the hire charge to cover the cost of the cleaner’s extra time.